Audrey SM Yap
LL.B (Hons), LL.M
Audrey Yap is a founding partner and Head of the Intellectual Property Department of Yusarn Audrey.
Audrey’s area of practice includes advising her clients on Intellectual Capital management and aligning a company’s IP portfolio with its commercialisation strategy; advising on the management, protection and enforcement of all intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks, industrial designs and copyright; intellectual property licensing, franchising, technology transfer, securitization of IP assets and crafting of appropriate IP policies. She also files and prosecutes patent, trademark and industrial design applications both nationally and internationally.
Audrey Yap has acted for a variety of local and foreign companies and institutions including listed and private companies, multi-national corporations, government linked companies, hospitals, research institutes, pharmaceutical and medical apparatus companies, large public cooperatives, technology companies, venture capitalists, foreign and local law firms and individuals.
Among others, Audrey Yap is a member of the following institutions:
- Board of Directors, Intellectual Property Office of Singapore
- International Trademark Association
- ASEAN Intellectual Property Association
- Franchising and Licensing Association Singapore
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Law Society of Singapore
- Singapore Academy of Law
She chairs the following committees:
- SMEC Technology, Innovation & Productivity Sub-committee, Singapore Business Federation
- Asia Pacific Committee, Licensing Executives Society International
- Singapore Prestige Brand Awards